Monday, June 4, 2007

Choosing Lights

You've put in your innovative and creative ideas, not forgetting the financial stress you've had to put up with in making up or renovating your house, So what is left in bringing out the best in your home? I for one think, it's got to be the lights.

Lights are my favourite, when it comes to bringing out the best in a home. Our eye depends on them, be it something natural or even artificial. If these lights are used correctly, it would make a world of a difference in your home, adding excitement and warmth to the interiors as well as the exteriors.

What I would suggest is to list down each area of your home and it's activities that surround the particular room. If not, you might end up having too many lights that don't fit it's purpose. Address these sort of questions first, to help you decide :

  • What sort of activities take place in this room?
  • Are the plug points, switches adequate in this room?
  • Am I going to place something here, that needs focusing from a light source?
  • Do I need to use a adjustable, direct or indirect, bright or plain background light?
  • Which is the best fit or use?
  • Do I need motion sensors?

These sort of question really helped us when we moved in to our new home. In the beginning it seemed so complicated but being me, the inquisitive creature I am, I watched a lot of home decoration programmes on TV and boy, did they help.

Actually, planning is an essential tool that we use in our daily life's, and if it is used productively, the results can be some what, satisfying.

My parting words - Lights come with different sorts of persona and mood effects, choosing the right light for your home in the end, will show your taste and lifestyle !

No comments: